We are delighted to announce the birth of Mollie Alice Waywood to synchro swimmer Megan! Congratulations to Megan and family from all at CoPA.
There will be a new training course for synchronised swimmers and coaches to help master the new FINA figures and technical elements. Please see the event page for full details and let Fiona know as soon as possible if you wish to attend this course.
There are some temporary adjustments to regular synchro training times to accommodate the National Age Groups Championships:
- Sunday 19th November – no gym session but an extra hour in the pool (from 19:00 – 21:00)
- Friday 24th – NO training due to Nationals
- Sunday 26th – NO training due to Nationals
Training reverts to normal times from Tuesday 28th November onwards.
Saturday saw CoPA put in an outstanding performance at the National Synchro Masters Championships in Rugby.
- Fiona took gold medals in both the technical and free solo categories in the 40-49 age group and also gained the highest score of the day for her free solo routine.
- The team (Alex, Ellie, Eloise, Fiona and Sorcha) placed second for a silver medal in their 25-39 year age group combination team routine, missing out on the top spot by only 0.6 of a point!
Full results from the competition are available on the Swim England Synchro web site.
Fantastic work ladies.
A glimpse of GB training as Daisy and Rhea train as part of the 2017 GB synchronised swimming squad during camp at Hengrove Leisure Centre in Bristol:
There will be an official Swim England coaching course run over two weekends in December for those interested in gaining an official synchro coaching qualification. This course would be ideal for teachers, volunteers and older swimmers. Please see the events page for details of the dates in December and how to apply.
The first ever Swim England North of England championships this weekend yielded some amazing results for City of Preston Aquatics:
- Daisy impressed with 2 gold medals for her 13-15 figures and solo routine
- Rhea took bronze medals for both figures and her 15-18 solo routine
- Rhea and Leah gained silver medals for their 15-18 duet routine
- The 12 & under free team (Natasha, Elizabeth, Immy, Abby, Lola, Chloe, Rachel, Sofia and Nema) were awarded a silver medal for their ‘Little Monsters‘ routine
- The full 12 and under figure results were: Natasha 6th, Elizabeth 18th, Sofia 22nd, Immy 23rd, Lola 25th, Rachel 26th, Nema 28th, Abby 31st and Chloe 33rd.
- Natasha finished 6th in her solo routine.
- The 13-15 figures were: Daisy 1st and Evie 30th.
- The 15-18 figures results were: Rhea 3rd and Leah 13th.
Videos of the routines can be found here for logged in members.
Check out and subscribe to the Swim England synchronised swimming YouTube channel where you can find official video demonstrations of the new figure and routine grades.
Congratulations to the following CoPA swimmers who passed their synchro grades today in Irlam:
- Grade 1: Daisy Royle
- Grade 2: Rachel, Immy, Sofia, Nema, Chloe, Lola and Abby
- Grade 3: Olivia H., Elizabeth, Evie and Ana
Great work girls!