Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
During this challenging time when we can’t fundraise in person and events have been cancelled, City of Preston Aquatics Swimming Club needs your help more than ever. If you’re shopping online for anything at all, please remember to go via easyfundraising to raise free donations for us.
Easyfundraising has over 4,000 shops and sites which will donate to us at no extra cost to yourself, including lots of big name retailers like John Lewis, Argos, Uswitch, eBay, M&S, Just Eat, Now TV, Domino’s Pizza and Audible. All you have to do is go through the easyfundraising website or App whenever you shop online and we’ll receive a % of your spend as a free donation, at no cost to you or us.
We really need all the help we can get at the moment and any funds we raise will make a big difference to us. Please remember to use easyfundraising and if you haven’t signed up yet, you can find out more details on our easyfundraising page, or sign up directly at: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/prestonaquatics/?utm_campaign=raise-more&utm_content=c19-e2.
During the Coronavirus restrictions, CoPA land training sessions by remote video conference (Zoom) will take place on the following schedule:
- Monday 6pm – Strength and conditioning
- Tuesday 4pm – Core, extension and flexibility
- Wednesday 6pm – Strength and conditioning
- Friday 4pm – Core, extension and flexibility
- Saturday 4pm – Strength and conditioning
- Sunday 10am – Core, extension and flexibility
Parents, swimmers and coaches,
Following the government’s guidelines set out on Monday 16 March 2020 to avoid all unnecessary social gatherings, and with a number of families already in self-isolation, the decision to cancel all training has been taken with immediate effect.
Starting from tonight, Tuesday 17 March 2020.
From the 1st April please ensure that you have cancelled your standing order for squad fees. However, the club has other financial obligations as well as pool hire. We are asking for a nominal monthly fee of £2.50 per swimmer; we appreciate there is no swimming and therefore, this is a voluntary payment. Please help to support your club.
We will keep everyone updated when we have any further information.
- 12 & under figures – Chloe: 18th
- 13-15 figures – Natasha: 7th, Lola: 33rd, Marisa: 34th and Rachel: 112th
- 13-15 solo – Natasha: 5th
- 12 & under solo – Chloe: 10th
- Free team routine – CoPA team (Lola, Marisa, Natasha and Rachel): 8th
There were 67 competitors in the 12 & under age group and 179 competitors in the 13-15 age group. Dependent upon their figures scores, only the top 12 swimmers qualified to swim solo. There were a total of 18 clubs swimming in the team event. We are naturally very proud of our swimmers!
Incredible results for our CoPA synchro girls today as they took part in the 2020 Swim England NW Regional Age Groupsand Championships at Palatine Pool, Blackpool!
- CoPA 13-15 Combination Team: (Abby, Katie, Jess, Lola, Maddie, Marisa, Natasha, Nema & Rachel) – Silver
- 15+ Technical Duet: Rhea, Leah & Evie (reserve) – Gold
- 15+ Technical Solo: Rhea – Gold, Leah – 5th
- 15+ Free Duet: Rhea, Leah & Evie (reserve) – Gold
- 15+ Free Solo: Rhea – Gold, Leah – 4th, Evie – 6th
- 13-15 Free Duet: Natasha & Marisa – Gold
- 13 – 15 Free Solo: Natasha – Bronze, Marisa – 5th
- 13 – 15 Figures: Natasha – Bronze, Marisa – 4th, Lola – 8th, Rachel – 17th, Abby – 19th
- 12U Free Solo: Chloe – Silver
- 12U Figures: Chloe – Gold, Emilia – 15th
Great work girls!
Photos and videos to follow for logged in CoPA members.
Congratulations to the following CoPA swimmers who have passed their grades today:
- Amarah – Grade 1 Bronze
- Ellie – Grade 2 Bronze
- Lola, Marisa and Rachel – Grade 4 Bronze
Well done girls!
Hutton pool remains closed for maintenance so there will be no further training until the new year. Further information will be provided as soon as it is known. Club training will resume at all other pools, beginning 5th January, regardless of whether Hutton is operational or not by that time.
CoPA is very proud to announce that synchro swimmer Natasha has been invited to join the England Youth synchronised swimming squad for 2020 following successful trials last weekend. Natasha trialled alongside 50 of the top athletes in the country in her age category and was amongst the top 20 who were selected.
Congratulations Natasha and we are excited to follow your progress!