Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
The schedule for this week’s land training sessions by remote video conference (Zoom) are as follows:
- Sat 4th April, 4pm – Strength and conditioning
- Sun 5th April, 10am – Core and fitness
- Mon 6th April, 6pm – Strength and conditioning
- Tues 7th April – Core, extension and flexibility
- Wed 8th April, 10am – Strength and conditioning
- Fri 10th April, 3pm – Core, extension and flexibility
- Sat 11th April, 4pm – Strength and conditioning
As we continue our isolation for Coronavirus, so our training continues, in a different form! We are hosting land training sessions by remote video conference (Zoom) and the schedule will be as follows:
- Monday 30th 6.00pm – Strength and Conditioning
- Tuesday 31st 4.00pm – Core and Stretch
- Wednesday 1st 10.00am – Strength and Conditioning
- Friday 3rd 3.00pm – Core and Stretch
- Saturday 4th – Strength and Conditioning
- Sunday 5th – Core and Fitness
Parents, swimmers and coaches,
Following the government’s guidelines set out on Monday 16 March 2020 to avoid all unnecessary social gatherings, and with a number of families already in self-isolation, the decision to cancel all training has been taken with immediate effect.
Starting from tonight, Tuesday 17 March 2020.
From the 1st April please ensure that you have cancelled your standing order for squad fees. However, the club has other financial obligations as well as pool hire. We are asking for a nominal monthly fee of £2.50 per swimmer; we appreciate there is no swimming and therefore, this is a voluntary payment. Please help to support your club.
We will keep everyone updated when we have any further information.
- 12 & under figures – Chloe: 18th
- 13-15 figures – Natasha: 7th, Lola: 33rd, Marisa: 34th and Rachel: 112th
- 13-15 solo – Natasha: 5th
- 12 & under solo – Chloe: 10th
- Free team routine – CoPA team (Lola, Marisa, Natasha and Rachel): 8th
There were 67 competitors in the 12 & under age group and 179 competitors in the 13-15 age group. Dependent upon their figures scores, only the top 12 swimmers qualified to swim solo. There were a total of 18 clubs swimming in the team event. We are naturally very proud of our swimmers!
Incredible results for our CoPA synchro girls today as they took part in the 2020 Swim England NW Regional Age Groupsand Championships at Palatine Pool, Blackpool!
- CoPA 13-15 Combination Team: (Abby, Katie, Jess, Lola, Maddie, Marisa, Natasha, Nema & Rachel) – Silver
- 15+ Technical Duet: Rhea, Leah & Evie (reserve) – Gold
- 15+ Technical Solo: Rhea – Gold, Leah – 5th
- 15+ Free Duet: Rhea, Leah & Evie (reserve) – Gold
- 15+ Free Solo: Rhea – Gold, Leah – 4th, Evie – 6th
- 13-15 Free Duet: Natasha & Marisa – Gold
- 13 – 15 Free Solo: Natasha – Bronze, Marisa – 5th
- 13 – 15 Figures: Natasha – Bronze, Marisa – 4th, Lola – 8th, Rachel – 17th, Abby – 19th
- 12U Free Solo: Chloe – Silver
- 12U Figures: Chloe – Gold, Emilia – 15th
Great work girls!
Photos and videos to follow for logged in CoPA members.
Congratulations to the following CoPA swimmers who have passed their grades today:
- Amarah – Grade 1 Bronze
- Ellie – Grade 2 Bronze
- Lola, Marisa and Rachel – Grade 4 Bronze
Well done girls!
Hutton pool remains closed for maintenance so there will be no further training until the new year. Further information will be provided as soon as it is known. Club training will resume at all other pools, beginning 5th January, regardless of whether Hutton is operational or not by that time.
CoPA is very proud to announce that synchro swimmer Natasha has been invited to join the England Youth synchronised swimming squad for 2020 following successful trials last weekend. Natasha trialled alongside 50 of the top athletes in the country in her age category and was amongst the top 20 who were selected.
Congratulations Natasha and we are excited to follow your progress!