Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
Swim England NW are holding a meeting for synchro coaches, volunteers and parents on 24th February. There will be updates on synchro from national to regional level and this will be an opportunity to have your say and participate in the future of NW synchro. Please do come along.
To view the contents of this post, you must log in.
Last weekend saw CoPA compete in the synchro North West Regional Age Groups championships at Darwen Leisure Centre, with some outstanding results for CoPA:
- CoPA’s 13 – 15 combination team (Abby, Evie, Maddie, Natasha, Nema and Rachel) finished 1st for gold medals!
- Lola took a silver medal for her 12 & under figures
- Chloe gained a bronze for her 12 & under free solo routine
- Chloe and Lola took silver for their 12 & under free duet routine
- Evie and Natasha gained silver medals in the 13 – 15 free duet routine category
Great work girls! Full results are below. Videos and photos of the routines can be found here for logged in CoPA members.
Congratulations to Liz, Nikki and Ian who have all successfully passed the National Scorers’ Course and are now qualified to score at any local, regional and national event.
Water Polo players, please see the Winter Water Polo Festival event page for documents (rules, order of play etc.) for the competition this weekend.
Congratulations to Kaitlin and Evie, CoPA Water Polo and Synchro swimmers of the year!
Please note that the last training session of 2018 is Tuesday 18th December at Hutton.
The first training session of 2019 will be Sunday 6th January at Leyland.
Congratulations to the following synchro swimmers on their recent passes in their synchro grade assessments:
- Evie – Grade 4 silver
- Nema & Rachel – Grade 3 bronze
CoPA had a great weekend at the National Age Group Championships in Gloucester this weekend with some outstanding swims and figure results. The highlights of the weekend were Rhea finishing 9th in both her figures and solo routine, and Leah and Rhea qualifying in the top twelve to swim their duet, eventually placing 10th overall.
CoPA results are as follows:
- 13 – 15 figures (144 swimmers):
Evie – 38th
Natasha – 83rd
- 12 and under figures (85 swimmers):
Chloe – 69th
- 15-18 figures (101 swimmers):
Rhea – 9th
Leah – 59th
- 15-18 solo (top 12 figures qualified):
Rhea – 9th
- 15-18 duet (top 12 figures qualified):
Rhea & Leah – 10th
Well done to all our girls and special thanks to coaches Pam and Fiona, and Camilla and Deborah who were working at the event as judge and athlete services volunteer on behalf of Swim England.
Full results from the competition will be available on the Swim England web site in due course.
Congratulations to Rhea on a superb 9th place result in both her figures and her solo routine today in day 1 of the National Age Groups in Gloucester. Rhea and Leah have also qualified to swim duet tomorrow. Good luck girls! Follow the live scores here: https://t.co/0Mhde4qMyM
— Preston Synchro (@COPAsynchro) November 24, 2018