Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
REMINDER: There will be no training on Sunday 23rd June due to the Warwickshire Championships.
It was a big day on Friday for CoPA’s synchro swimmers Chloe, Evie, Lola and Natasha as they took part in the synchro Beacon Games in Aldershot to represent the North West region. The girls were part of the North West’s Beacon Squad – the first stage of the England Talent programme for younger swimmers – and the regional team also included swimmers from City of Salford and Stockport synchronised swimming clubs.
The girls worked incredibly well as a team and their efforts were rewarded as CoPA swimmer Evie took a bronze medal for her individual score in the 13-15 age group category. The NW Beacon team also finished third overall with a score of 56.27, less than a point behind the overall winners, Walsall Beacon.
An outstanding effort and great result – well done to all our NW Beacon swimmers.
Rhea & Leah have just taken part in Day 1 of the National Synchronised Swimming Championships in Nottingham with some great results:
- Rhea 8th in Tech Solo
- Rhea 12th in Free Solo
- Leah 14th in Tech Solo
- Leah 18th in Free Solo.
- Rhea & Leah 8th place in Technical Duet!
Shown here warming up just before their technical duet swim:
Videos are available here from the recent multi-regional synchro championships at Blackpool for logged in CoPA members.
Well done to CoPA swimmers on their grade passes yesterday! Megan (5 Bronze) and Eloise (4 Bronze).
CoPA girls Evie, Rhea and Leah took part in the Northern Multi-Regional synchro championships today with some great results! [Videos of the event can be found here for logged in CoPA members.]
🥈Rhea – 2nd in Tech Solo
🥈Rhea & Leah – 2nd in Free Duet
🥉Rhea & Leah – 3rd in Tech Duet
Rhea finished 4th in Free Solo, with Leah finishing 9th and Evie 10th in the same event. Leah was 5th in Tech Solo.
Swim England NW are holding a meeting for synchro coaches, volunteers and parents on 24th February. There will be updates on synchro from national to regional level and this will be an opportunity to have your say and participate in the future of NW synchro. Please do come along.
To view the contents of this post, you must log in.
Last weekend saw CoPA compete in the synchro North West Regional Age Groups championships at Darwen Leisure Centre, with some outstanding results for CoPA:
- CoPA’s 13 – 15 combination team (Abby, Evie, Maddie, Natasha, Nema and Rachel) finished 1st for gold medals!
- Lola took a silver medal for her 12 & under figures
- Chloe gained a bronze for her 12 & under free solo routine
- Chloe and Lola took silver for their 12 & under free duet routine
- Evie and Natasha gained silver medals in the 13 – 15 free duet routine category
Great work girls! Full results are below. Videos and photos of the routines can be found here for logged in CoPA members.