Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
Saturday saw CoPA put in an outstanding performance at the National Synchro Masters Championships in Rugby.
- Fiona took gold medals in both the technical and free solo categories in the 40-49 age group and also gained the highest score of the day for her free solo routine.
- The team (Alex, Ellie, Eloise, Fiona and Sorcha) placed second for a silver medal in their 25-39 year age group combination team routine, missing out on the top spot by only 0.6 of a point!
Full results from the competition are available on the Swim England Synchro web site.
Fantastic work ladies.
A glimpse of GB training as Daisy and Rhea train as part of the 2017 GB synchronised swimming squad during camp at Hengrove Leisure Centre in Bristol:
There will be an official Swim England coaching course run over two weekends in December for those interested in gaining an official synchro coaching qualification. This course would be ideal for teachers, volunteers and older swimmers. Please see the events page for details of the dates in December and how to apply.
The first ever Swim England North of England championships this weekend yielded some amazing results for City of Preston Aquatics:
- Daisy impressed with 2 gold medals for her 13-15 figures and solo routine
- Rhea took bronze medals for both figures and her 15-18 solo routine
- Rhea and Leah gained silver medals for their 15-18 duet routine
- The 12 & under free team (Natasha, Elizabeth, Immy, Abby, Lola, Chloe, Rachel, Sofia and Nema) were awarded a silver medal for their ‘Little Monsters‘ routine
- The full 12 and under figure results were: Natasha 6th, Elizabeth 18th, Sofia 22nd, Immy 23rd, Lola 25th, Rachel 26th, Nema 28th, Abby 31st and Chloe 33rd.
- Natasha finished 6th in her solo routine.
- The 13-15 figures were: Daisy 1st and Evie 30th.
- The 15-18 figures results were: Rhea 3rd and Leah 13th.
Videos of the routines can be found here for logged in members.
Check out and subscribe to the Swim England synchronised swimming YouTube channel where you can find official video demonstrations of the new figure and routine grades.
Congratulations to the following CoPA swimmers who passed their synchro grades today in Irlam:
- Grade 1: Daisy Royle
- Grade 2: Rachel, Immy, Sofia, Nema, Chloe, Lola and Abby
- Grade 3: Olivia H., Elizabeth, Evie and Ana
Great work girls!
City of Preston Aquatics’ run of successful results continued today at the North West Synchronised Swimming Championships at Broughton:
- In the 12 and under figures competition, Natasha finished 5th, Immy 13th, Sofia 14th, Elizabeth 20th, Abby 21st, Nema 22nd, Lola 24th, Chloe 25th and Jorja 26th.
- Daisy took gold in the 13-15 figures, whilst Olivia M., finished 12th.
- The 15-18 figures saw Rhea take a 2nd place silver and Leah finish 4th.
- In the 13-15 solo event, Daisy took gold.
- Rhea finished second for another silver in the 15-18 solos and Leah gained a bronze for her third place finish.
- Rhea and Leah took gold for their 15-18 duet routine.
- The 12 and under team (Natasha, Elizabeth, Jorja, Chloe, Nema, Abby, Sofia, Lola and Immy) picked up another gold medal for their already award-winning 2017 “Little Monsters” routine.
- The 13-18 Combination Team (Daisy, Rhea, Leah, Ana, Isabel, Olivia H., and Olivia M.) took a gold medal for their “Fairground Freaks” routine.
It goes without saying that the entire CoPA family continues to be very proud of our swimmers. Congratulations to them all on yet more well earned success.
We are delighted to announce that City of Preston Aquatics now has two GB synchronised swimmers – Daisy Rushton and Rhea Howard. The girls had already undertaken a gruelling set of prerequisite skills which had to be assessed at club level in order to meet the requirements to trial, which whittled down the number of candidates to 23 from across the country. Trials then took place on Saturday at Hengrove Pool in Bristol following which the girls were successful, resulting in them being offered places on the GB squad.
Congratulations to both girls, of whom CoPA is justifiably proud. Now the hard work really starts!
What an amazing day for City of Preston Aquatics yesterday as they took part in the first ever Swim England national synchronised swimming Combination Cup in Manchester. The event attracted approximately 600 swimmers from clubs the length and breadth of the UK and CoPA entered two teams – in the 12 & under and 13 – 18 age groups. Against this stiff competition, both CoPA teams finished second in their events to gain silver medals!
12 & under “Little Monsters” team: Elizabeth, Rachel, Nema, Immy, Sofia, Jorja, Lola, Chloe and Abby
13 -18 “Fairground Freaks” team: Rhea, Tilly, Daisy, Olivia M., Izzy and Leah
We are immensely proud of our swimmers – congratulations girls!