Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
Congratulations to Billy Bamber who scooped the first annual CoPA ‘Swimmer of the Year’ award in Water Polo discipline at the recent CoPA Christmas display event. Billy’s hard work, full attendance and ‘team player’ attitude make this award thoroughly deserved. Well done Billy!
Please see the event page for details of the 2018 Swim England North West region development squad trials.
As Christmas approaches, you will no doubt be thinking of starting your Christmas shopping. Please remember to support City of Preston Aquatics in your online shopping by signing up with Easy Fundraising and channelling your donations to CoPA. This costs you absolutely nothing, but a few minutes spent setting up an account and using it each time you shop online can make a big difference to CoPA funds. CoPA receives no external funding and exists purely through member subscriptions and any additional funds such as these which can be secured. Please see the ‘Support CoPA‘ page for full details and help to propel CoPA onwards and upwards!
Please see the event page for details of the forthcoming 5th annual Lancaster City Christmas Development water polo competition.
It was a fabulous weekend for CoPA at the synchro National Age Groups Championships in Gloucester. At this top level national competition Daisy took the podium for two silver medals! Credible results were also achieved by Rhea, Leah and the 12 & under “Little Monsters”. Full CoPA results below.
- 13 – 15 Age Group (175 competitors)
Daisy placed second in figures and second in solo for two silver medals.
Evie placed 126th in figures
- 15 – 18 Age Group (83 competitors)
Rhea placed 14th in figures, 10th in solo and 8th in duet (with Leah)
Leah placed 43rd in figures and 8th in duet (with Rhea)
- 12 & Under Age Group (129 competitors)
Team: The ‘Little Monsters’ finished 10th (of 17 teams)
Figures: Natasha finished 21st, Lola 76th, Sofia 83rd, Elizabeth 98th, Rachel 104th, Immy 111th, Nema 114th, Chloe 122nd and Abby 126th.
Well done girls – on with the 2018 routines now!
We are delighted to announce the birth of Mollie Alice Waywood to synchro swimmer Megan! Congratulations to Megan and family from all at CoPA.
There will be a new training course for synchronised swimmers and coaches to help master the new FINA figures and technical elements. Please see the event page for full details and let Fiona know as soon as possible if you wish to attend this course.
There are some temporary adjustments to regular synchro training times to accommodate the National Age Groups Championships:
- Sunday 19th November – no gym session but an extra hour in the pool (from 19:00 – 21:00)
- Friday 24th – NO training due to Nationals
- Sunday 26th – NO training due to Nationals
Training reverts to normal times from Tuesday 28th November onwards.
Saturday saw CoPA put in an outstanding performance at the National Synchro Masters Championships in Rugby.
- Fiona took gold medals in both the technical and free solo categories in the 40-49 age group and also gained the highest score of the day for her free solo routine.
- The team (Alex, Ellie, Eloise, Fiona and Sorcha) placed second for a silver medal in their 25-39 year age group combination team routine, missing out on the top spot by only 0.6 of a point!
Full results from the competition are available on the Swim England Synchro web site.
Fantastic work ladies.
A glimpse of GB training as Daisy and Rhea train as part of the 2017 GB synchronised swimming squad during camp at Hengrove Leisure Centre in Bristol: