Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
It was an action packed weekend as CoPA travelled to Nottingham to compete in the National Synchronised Swimming Championships 2018. Although there were no medals this time, our girls did themselves and CoPA proud with creditable placings in this highest level of domestic synchro competition in the UK. Results are as follows:
- Rhea & Leah finished 9th in the free duet
- Rhea finished 11th in her tech solo
- Rhea finished 15th in her free solo
- The CoPA free combination team (Fiona, Isabel, Izzy, Leah, Olivia, Rhea and Tilly) finished 10th
Great work girls!
Videos of the routines can be seen here for logged in CoPA members.
There will be no synchro training on Friday 20th April or Sunday 22nd April due to coaching commitments at the National Championships. Water Polo training is on as normal.
CoPA is very proud to announce that Camilla Hadcock has successfully qualified as a level 3 synchro judge. This is the highest level of judging qualification and qualifies Camilla to judge national competitions. Congratulations and great work Camilla!
There will be no synchro training on Friday (30th March – Hutton), Sunday (1st April – Leyland) and Monday (2nd April – West View Elite Squad) due to Easter bank holiday pool closures.
Congratulations to all the City of Preston Aquatics girls who participated in the first Swim England NW routine grade assessments on Saturday at Irlam. Continuing CoPA’s impressive 100% success rate, all of the following swimmers passed their grades:
- Grade 1 Bronze:
- Grade 2 Bronze:
- Grade 3 Bronze:
- Grade 3 Silver:
Big congratulations to CoPA synchro girls Jorja, Isabel, Olivia and Rhea who today passed their grades at the first North West synchronised swimming figure grade day of the year.
- Jorja achieved Grade 2 Bronze
- Isabel achieved Grade 3 Bronze
- Olivia achieved Grade 4 Bronze
- Rhea achieved Grade 5 Silver
Well done girls!
A squad of between six and ten synchronised swimmers will be selected for additional training. Swimmers must already be attending all current club sessions, have a good work ethic, be self-motivated, be prepared to take on extra individual training and be full of enthusiasm! Current attendance, attitude, results during 2017 and performance in the North West trials will contribute towards selection.
If selected there will be an additional monthly fee of approximately £15 to cover pool hire.
If you are interested and would like to be considered please see Fiona.