Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
- Monday: 6.00-8.00pm Strength and Conditioning
- Wednesday: 6.00-8.00pm Flex, Stretch and Core
- Friday: 5.00-6.30pm Friday mix!
- Saturday: 10.00-12.00pm Strength and Conditioning
- Sunday: 10.00-12.00pm Flex, Stretch and Core
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
Incredible results for our CoPA synchro girls today as they took part in the 2020 Swim England NW Regional Age Groupsand Championships at Palatine Pool, Blackpool!
- CoPA 13-15 Combination Team: (Abby, Katie, Jess, Lola, Maddie, Marisa, Natasha, Nema & Rachel) – Silver
- 15+ Technical Duet: Rhea, Leah & Evie (reserve) – Gold
- 15+ Technical Solo: Rhea – Gold, Leah – 5th
- 15+ Free Duet: Rhea, Leah & Evie (reserve) – Gold
- 15+ Free Solo: Rhea – Gold, Leah – 4th, Evie – 6th
- 13-15 Free Duet: Natasha & Marisa – Gold
- 13 – 15 Free Solo: Natasha – Bronze, Marisa – 5th
- 13 – 15 Figures: Natasha – Bronze, Marisa – 4th, Lola – 8th, Rachel – 17th, Abby – 19th
- 12U Free Solo: Chloe – Silver
- 12U Figures: Chloe – Gold, Emilia – 15th
Great work girls!
Photos and videos to follow for logged in CoPA members.
Congratulations to the following CoPA swimmers who have passed their grades today:
- Amarah – Grade 1 Bronze
- Ellie – Grade 2 Bronze
- Lola, Marisa and Rachel – Grade 4 Bronze
Well done girls!
Hutton pool remains closed for maintenance so there will be no further training until the new year. Further information will be provided as soon as it is known. Club training will resume at all other pools, beginning 5th January, regardless of whether Hutton is operational or not by that time.
CoPA is very proud to announce that synchro swimmer Natasha has been invited to join the England Youth synchronised swimming squad for 2020 following successful trials last weekend. Natasha trialled alongside 50 of the top athletes in the country in her age category and was amongst the top 20 who were selected.
Congratulations Natasha and we are excited to follow your progress!
There is no training (both synchro and Water Polo) on Sunday 24th November due to a prior event taking place in Leyland pool which is expected to overrun.
A fantastic day today for CoPA synchro swimmers as they took part in the 2019 Lancashire Synchro Championships at Palatine, Blackpool. It was a great first competition for a lot of our swimmers and CoPA scooped some amazing results:
🥉 Bronze: Amarah
12 & Under Solo:
🥇 Gold: Lola
🥇 Gold: Natasha
🥈 Silver: Evie
15 & Over Solo:
🥇 Gold: Rhea
🥉 Bronze: Leah
12 & Under Duet:
🥇 Gold: Chloe and Lola
🥇 Gold: Natasha and Evie
🥈 Silver: Rachel and Maddie
🥉 Bronze: Abby and Katie
15 & Over:
🥇 Gold: Rhea and Leah
🥈 Silver: Olivia and Nema
CoPA Combo: 🥇 Gold
CoPA Free Team: 🥈 Silver
Thank you to all of the amazing coaches, judges and volunteers that helped make the day a success. Special thanks to our friends from City of Salford synchro club (who also got some great results) for competing with us and for being such great sports. Videos of the CoPA routines can be found here for logged in CoPA members.
Congratulations to the following CoPA synchro swimmers who passed their grades at weekend:
∙ Ellie: 1 Bronze
∙ Emilia: 2 Bronze
∙ Maddie: 3 Bronze
∙ Chloe: 3 Silver
∙ Jess: 3 Bronze
∙ Katie: 3 Bronze
∙ Natasha: 5 Silver
∙ Evie: 5 Silver
— Preston Synchro (@COPAsynchro) September 23, 2019
Synchro competitions require that swimmers have their hair gelled for a routine. It is often better to arrive already prepared to save time at the competition. There will be a gel demonstration and practice session on Sunday 22nd September at 6:15pm as part of the regular Leyland training session. Please let Fiona know if you will be attending.