Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
An outstanding result for CoPA swimmer Daisy as she finished 2nd to take silver in figures at the first ever synchro Beacon Games in Bristol this weekend. The competition is open to swimmers from the regional beacon programmes as well as the England Development Squad. Five England Development Squad members competed in the games and Daisy finished ahead of three of those to place fourth overall. With the EDS members excluded for beacon results, Daisy ranked 2nd.
A brilliant result well deserved for Daisy, and another proud result for CoPA.
It was another successful day for City of Preston Aquatics at the Warwickshire competition in Rugby on 4th July with several medals being brought home across all events:
- the 12 and under team (Daisy, Olivia, Natasha, Gracie, Lily and Millie) came second to take silver,
- the 13/14/15 team (Sophie, Isobel, Leah, Anna, Gabriel and Willow) took silver as well,
- the CoPA senior team (Fiona, Shannon, Megan, Rhea, Lydia and Tilly) also finished second to gain silver medals,
- Daisy reached first place to grab a gold medal in her figures and also gained a bronze for her solo routine which takes into account her earlier figures score,
- Shannon came second in figures and also in her solo to net her two silver medals.
An amazing effort from CoPA suitably rewarded. Well done to all.
CoPA swimmers Rhea and Tilly took their next skill levels at Manchester Aquatics Centre today and we are very pleased to announce that Rhea passed Skill 5 and Tilly passed Skill 4. Well done to both!
Synchro mums Alex and Grace today swam the Great North Swim in the Lake District for charity. Alex is fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and anyone wishing to sponsor her can do so on her JustGiving page. Grace is also fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support and CoPA as well! Donations can be made in person to Chris Rushton or Grace and will be passed on to CoPA and Macmillan.
Both ladies finished in style! Many congratulations from team CoPA!
Well done to all swimmers who competed in the British Championships at Gloucester this weekend. It was another success story for CoPA with Shannon and Beth taking a silver medal in the technical duet with a score of 59.9902 and Shannon scoring 60.7705 for her technical solo to scoop bronze. The team also swam well in their free combination event and finished 9th (including the England Team) overall. Full results can be found on the ASA web site.
CoPA members please log in to see more pictures and videos from the event in this news feed.
The final schedule for the Nationals competition on 2nd/3rd May and event details involving CoPA swimmers can be found below.
All competing swimmers please remember to bring the following:
- Change for the car park
- Passport or other form of identity which incorporates your photograph
- Log book
[table id=1 /]
[table id=2 /]
[table id=3 /]
[table id=4 /]
There will be additional team training on Sunday 29th March for those team members taking part in the forthcoming Nationals competition.
Congratulations to the City of Preston girls who took skill assessments today. All passed with the following results:
- Gracie gained skill level 1,
- Izzy passed skill level 2,
- Natasha passed skill level 2,
- Rhea passed skill level 4,
- Shannon successfully renewed her skill level 5.
Well done to all.