It was another successful weekend for CoPA swimmers as they competed on Sunday in the Yorkshire Open competition at Spenborough against clubs from both the North East Region and their peers from the North West. CoPA brought home medals from 7 events:
- Daisy took silver in the 13-15 figures
- Leah took bronze in the 13-15 figures
- Daisy took silver in the 13-15 solo
- Leah took bronze for the 13-15 solo
- Daisy & Leah also took gold as a pairing in the 13-15 duets
- Izzy, Leah, Olivia M. and Daisy collected a silver for their 13-15 team free routine
- Rhea and Tilly took gold for their 15-18 duet routine
We are very pleased with the progress made by all competitors from CoPA, many of whom set personal bests and placed very high in the rankings even if they didn’t quite make the podium. Congratulations to all.
Videos of the routines will follow soon in a separate post visible to logged in CoPA members.
The recent Bag2School bag collection collected 210 kilos of textiles and raised £84 towards CoPA club funds. Thanks to all who contributed.
Congratulations are due to several CoPA athletes who collected a variety of medals at the Lancashire Championships on Sunday.
- Olivia H. took gold in the novice figures category, with Isabel G. taking silver
- Daisy took gold and Leah took silver in the 13 – 15 solo event
- Tilly took gold in the 15 & over solo event
- Evie and Natasha finished third for a bronze in the 12 & under duet event
- Leah and Daisy won gold in the 13 – 15 duet event
- Tilly and Rhea took gold in the 15 & over duet event
The CoPA ‘Amaluna’ combination team also finished second for a silver medal whilst the CoPA free team took a silver medal.
Full results can be found here.
Congratulations to our friends from Kendal and City of Salford who also gained some impressive results and we thank them for coming along to make the event a success.
The timetable and competition draw for the forthcoming Lancashire Championships are now available on the event page.
Photographs are now available of CoPA’s recent ‘Night at the Oscars’ fundraising event. The photos are being offered for sale for a nominal donation of £5 (for as many photos as you like) towards CoPA club funds and can be previewed and ordered here. If you wish to order any of the photographs please visit the photos page and complete the order form online.
For privacy reasons the photos are not visible to the general public so you will need to log in with your CoPA web site account (if you don’t yet have an account please register).
Any ASA/club members wishing to become Scorers for national competitions, please take note of the forthcoming National Scorers’ Course being run at Leigh Leisure Centre.
Another successful day for CoPA at the combined Beacon Games and Leeds Open competition at Leeds today: Daisy Rushton finished second in the 13-15 age figures category whilst representing England Development (and Preston!) to take a silver medal, Rhea Howard finished 2nd in the 15-18 figures representing Preston in the…
Huge congratulations to CoPA swimmers Rhea Howard, Tilly Hadcock and Shannon McGinty who took part in the Warwickshire county championships yesterday and came away with an impressive medal tally: Rhea took gold for figures and also for her solo routine in the 15/16/17/18 category, Rhea & Tilly took gold with…
Swimmers taking part in the forthcoming Warwickshire competition please visit the event page for updated information. Please take note of the revised venue location (Halesowen) in particular.