Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Swim England have now published detailed information about the new synchro grades (including videos of the figure grades) on their web site: http://www.swimming.org/synchro/synchro-skill-levels/
From Sunday 28th May 2017 CoPA synchro and water polo will be training together at Leyland Leisure Centre. Times will be as follows:
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm – All in the exercise studio
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Synchro in the exercise studio / Water Polo in the pool
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm – Synchro in the pool
The above training will be flexible according to numbers and training needs.
These sessions will replace the Monday evening synchro session at West View Leisure Centre. The last Monday session will be Monday 22nd May 2017.
Three CoPA swimmers had a great weekend at the ASA National Synchronised Swimming Championships in Nottingham last weekend. In this, the top level competition in the UK, Rhea ranked 17th in her figures, whilst Tilly placed 32nd and Leah finished 42nd.
Rhea’s score qualified her as one of 12 swimmers to swim their free solo, whilst Tilly also swam in the technical solo. Rhea and Tilly also swam their duet for which they placed 6th. A tremendous result of which CoPA is very proud.
There will be no training on the following dates due to Bank holiday closures, coaches being away at Nationals etc:
- Friday 14th April (Good Friday)
- Saturday 15th April (Elite)
- Monday 17th April (Easter Monday)
- Friday 21st April (most coaches away at Nationals)
- Saturday 22nd April (Elite) (Fiona away at Nationals)
- Monday 1st May (May Day Bank Holiday)
There will be training at the usual times on Tuesday 18th April (20:15 start) and Monday 24th April.
Congratulations to the following CoPA swimmers on their success today in the first of the new ASA grade assessments in the North West:
Grade 1 Passes – Imogen, Nema
Grade 2 Passes – Isabel, Evie, Olivia H.
Grade 4 Pass – Olivia M.
Grade 5 Pass – Leah
Great work girls!
Please check the event page for details of the first NW regional grade assessment event which will be held under the new ASA ‘grade’ scheme (instead of the old ‘skills’ scheme).
Please see the event pages for details of the CoPA Elite and Junior Elite Squad training dates. All sessions will take place at Hutton and there will be a fee of £15 per session to cover hire costs. Swimmers will need the following for each session:
- Exercise mat
- Resistance band
- Ankle weights for pool (Elite Squad only)
Congratulations to Izzy on passing her Skill Level 5 yesterday!
Clothing collection bags are again being distributed amongst club members to request donations of unwanted items for charity which will benefit our club financially when they are weighed in. Please see Theresa to request a bag. The next two scheduled collection dates are Thursday 27th April 2017 and Monday 16th October 2017, so please hand any filled bags to Theresa by these dates.
The bags may be used to collect the following:
- Good quality men’s, ladies’ and children’s clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Soft toys
Please do NOT include any of the following:
- Duvets, bedding, household linen
- Pillows and cushions
- Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
- Soiled or wet clothing
- School uniform
- Corporate clothing or work wear
- Shredded or mutilated textile material
- Textile off-cuts, yarns or threaded material
Thanks for supporting our club.