Welcome to City of Preston Aquatics
Synchronised swimming training times and locations are as follows:
- Monday: West View Leisure Centre - 19:00 - 21:00 (Elite Squad - pool)
- Tuesday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:00 - 20:00 (land work), 20:15 - 21:15 (pool)
- Friday: Hutton Grammar School - 19:30 - 21:30 (pool)
- Sunday: Leyland Leisure Centre - 18:00 - 20:00 (land work / exercise studio), 20:00 - 21:00 (pool)
Club members please log in to see additional items in this news feed
Another successful day for CoPA at the combined Beacon Games and Leeds Open competition at Leeds today:
- Daisy Rushton finished second in the 13-15 age figures category whilst representing England Development (and Preston!) to take a silver medal,
- Rhea Howard finished 2nd in the 15-18 figures representing Preston in the open category to take a silver medal,
- Leah Meyer finished 24th out of 60 competitors in the 13-15 figures. A very pleasing result considering that most of those finishing ahead of her were members of either England Talent or Beacon Squads,
- Natasha Howard representing Leeds Beacon (and Preston!) finished 16th out of 59 competitors in the 12 and under figures.
Huge congratulations to CoPA swimmers Rhea Howard, Tilly Hadcock and Shannon McGinty who took part in the Warwickshire county championships yesterday and came away with an impressive medal tally:
- Rhea took gold for figures and also for her solo routine in the 15/16/17/18 category,
- Rhea & Tilly took gold with their amazing duet performance in the 15/16/17/18 category,
- Shannon took bronze for her solo performance in the champs (18+) category
The girls were competing against a number of current and former GB synchro swimmers and CoPA are very proud of their achievements. Well done girls.
- 12 & Under Figures
- 13 – 15 Figures
- 15 + Figures
- 15 – 18 + Champs with Solo
- 15 – 18 + Champs with Duet
Swimmers taking part in the forthcoming Warwickshire competition please visit the event page for updated information. Please take note of the revised venue location (Halesowen) in particular.
Congratulations to Izzy and Isabel who passed Skills 3 and 1 respectively today!
— CoPA (@COPAsynchro) June 18, 2016
Following the North West Regional trials last weekend we are pleased to congratulate CoPA girls Rhea, Tilly, Daisy and Leah on qualifying for the North West Regional Elite Squad in their age categories, and Megan, Alex, Olivia M., Olivia H. and Natasha for qualifying for the North West Regional Development Squads for their age categories.
A fantastic achievement for the girls and for CoPA; well done!
Huge congratulations to CoPA girls Daisy and Leah who have both passed Skill Level 4 today!
There is to be a special novice training course on 8th May for swimmers who don’t already hold more than skill level 1 to help them progress and develop. There will be a cost of £5 per swimmer to cover pool hire. Please see the event page for full details.
Congratulations to CoPA girls Rhea and Tilly on competing in the country’s top level competition: the ASA National Synchronised Swimming Championships 2016 yesterday. This was the first time competing in the figures category at this level for both girls. Rhea placed 25th and Tilly placed 49th. Well done to both!
Under the newly formed SwimNorthwest Regional Synchronised Swimming Committee there are to be new North West Region Elite and Development Squads. The Squads will take part in training sessions which will be at an intense workload to help NWR athletes achieve National and International success.
This is an exciting opportunity for swimmers to be developed as top class athletes and trials for the squads are to take place on Saturday 14th May. Please see the event page for full details.