It was CoPA’s day last Sunday at the NW Regional Championships in Broughton, with the club bringing home a total of 36 medals. Of the 25 CoPA swimmers who participated, all were awarded at least one medal.
- Natasha placed third overall in the under 12 figures event to claim a bronze medal
- Natasha also took a bronze medal for the under 12 solo event
- The 12 and under combination team (“Little Monsters”: Abby, Elizabeth, Emily, Eve, Evie, Immy, Natasha, Nema, Rachel and Sophia) won a bronze medal
- Daisy placed first in the 13 – 15 years figures to take gold
- Daisy also took gold in the 13 – 15 years free solo event, whilst an expressive swim from Leah saw her 4th place figures score translate into an overall 3rd place after her solo swim to take a bronze medal
- Leah and Daisy won gold for their 13 – 15 years duet
- The 13 – 15 free team (Daisy, Izzy, Leah and Olivia) placed second to collect silver medals
- In the 15 – 18 solo event Rhea gained a bronze medal
- Tilly and Rhea narrowly missed a gold medal but scooped a silver for their 15 – 18 duet performance
- The 19 and under team (Ana, Isabel, Olivia, Rhea, Sophie and Tilly) demonstrated huge performance strides since the Lancashire competition to take silver medals this time
- Shannon took a silver and Tilly a bronze for their championships solo swims
- The champs combination team (Alex, Ellie, Eloise and Megan) took another gold for their amazing routine
Full results can be found here.
An incredibly successful day for CoPA which saw their swimmers’ hard work thoroughly and deservedly rewarded.